20 May 2011

Makedict xdxf to stardict converter

I'm looking for newest jargon dict for stardict, I'm sure have seen it sometime ago on the net but somehow I can't find it anymore. But there is jargon in xdxf format which Stardict should supported already? But stardict (3.0.3) can't loaded it strange...

Then I got this converter called makedict (0.4) from the maker of XDXF but without windows binary.. CMake and build.. so here is:
makedict-0.4.1 or
makedict.exe (static glib)
codecs (need python, extract to where makedict reside)
type "makedict --help" in your command prompt for options
to avoid name conflict please at least use: makedict -d [somewhere exists]
where [somewhere exists] is path to where converted dicts created

sources available here

C:\>makedict.exe -l
Input formats:
dictd supported by me
dsl supported by me
dummy supported by me
sdict supported by me
stardict supported by me
xdxf supported by me
Output formats:
dictd supported by me
dummy supported by me
stardict supported by me
xdxf supported by me


The conversion went well.. it is just that jargon is essentially part of FOLDOC (which I already had)....-.-'
OK this sounds stupid but why my stardict can't load XDXF?

Edit: since someone asking... No, it doesn't compiled flawlessly using CMake, some editing required but not major. Makedict is under GPLv2 license and the author is Evgeniy Dushistov. Sorry if I forgot that...

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the makedict.exe. I am working on macmilan learner's dic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot ,, so helpful ,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't download "codecs" what do I do now :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could someone please reupload the codecs?

    ReplyDelete